The Member for Oxley, Melinda Pavey MP, has announced that a large infrastructure program will commence soon in the Bellingen Shire with seven major projects awarded funding.
Worth more than $1.5 million in total, Mrs Pavey said the projects have been approved under the NSW Government’s Stronger Country Communities Fund, Round Two.
“On behalf of the Dorrigo, Bellingen and Urunga communities, I congratulate Council for putting these projects forward. It is very pleasing to see that work come to fruition and it will be exciting to see these major works get underway.
“Equally, I’m sure the community will also very much appreciate the lasting benefits of these projects as they are completed,” Mrs Pavey said.
Project Title Grant Value
- Dorrigo Tennis Club Improvement Project $56,602
- Urunga Boardwalk Upgrade Stage 1 $109,430
- Urunga Inclusive Pathways Project $202,998
- Bellingen Memorial Hall Improvements $335,151
- Coronation Park Redevelopment $326,880
- Mylestom Path Project $261,884
- Dorrigo to Dangar Falls Pathway $259,008
Deputy Premier and Minister for Regional NSW John Barilaro said the roll out of the second round of projects takes Stronger Country Communities funding to $300 million.
“The $300 million Stronger Country Communities Fund is part of the NSW Government’s $1.6 billion Regional Growth Fund that is employing local tradies, putting local suppliers to work and providing the right environment to operate regional businesses,” he said.