The Member for Oxley, Melinda Pavey MP, has announced that ten local preschools will be receiving upgrades, thanks to a NSW Government initiative aiming to continually improve facilities.
The Quality Learning Environments program funds improvements to preschool grounds and buildings, and specialised educational programs for children.
Mrs Pavey said these grants are making a big difference to preschools in Oxley.
“In this round of Quality Learning Environments grants, funds have been allocated for specialised educational programs and building enhancements such as shade sails, air conditioning and playground renovations.
“I am committed to supporting our preschools so our littlest learners have access to quality early childhood education.”
Minister for Early Childhood Education Sarah Mitchell said these grants help ease some of the pressure off preschools.
“I know that preschools sometimes rely on fundraising to ensure their service is up-to-scratch physically, and to deliver education programs,” Ms Mitchell said.
In this round of Quality Learning Environments grants, the following services will receive upgrades:
- Bowraville Community Pre-School – $10,029
- Valla Community Pre-School – $15,000
- Nambucca Heads Pre-School – $15,000
- Wauchope Pre-School Kindergarten – $15,000
- Kalang Preschool – $14,684
- Dalaigur Pre-School – $12,000
- Stuarts Point Pre-School – $14,925
- Bellingen Pre-School – $2,350
- Long Flat Pre-School – $5,054
- Lower Macleay Pre-School – $8,000
For more information, see the: Department of Education website